The Academy of Court-Appointed Neutrals is a Non-Profit corporation that helps:
- People become court-appointed neutrals
- Court-appointed neutrals become better and
- The profession better serve justice.
There are three ways of becoming part of ACAN.
- ACAN Fellows have had three appointments as neutrals or have served as a neutral for at least three years or are providing service to the administration of justice that the board deems appropriate for membership as a fellow. All ACAN Fellows must agree to abide by ACAN's professional standards. Fellowship fees are $600 a year and entitle Fellows to participate in ACAN, have a bio available on ACAN's website, take advantage of opportunities for mentorship and mentoring and receive substantial discounts on ACAN training and resources.
- ACAN Members are other individuals who are interested in serving as neutrals. ACAN Members are expected to engage in training and must agree to abide by ACAN's professional standards. Membership fees are $500 a year and entitle Members to participate in ACAN, have a bio available on ACAN's website, take advantage of opportunities for mentoring and receive substantial discounts on ACAN training and resources.
- ACAN Associates are people who are not currently interested in serving as neutrals but who are interested in advancing the neutral profession and can include active judges. Associate fees are $400 a year and entitle Associates to participate in ACAN activities and receive discounts on ACAN training and resources.
If you're interested in applying for a scholarship to cover your membership dues, please fill out the application here.